Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Captivating Colorado

Through one sheep herd and at least three snow stormsParking lot where I parked, about 3/4 mile from the Ranch where we stayed:

Four pins from Utah. I met one of the others from Sandy. Her husband is a pastor.
View from the ranch looking East.

Hmmm. Good food. One of the lunch salad bars in addition to the regular lunch.
The "Screamer". I didn't try it, but was slightly tempted. Just don't care for those intense adrenalin rushes. It was jumping off a platform, then the ropes swung back and forth for about 5 minutes.
I did try the natural hot springs heated pools. Great!
The top of a rappelling platform.

The Captivating Retreat was just simply awesome. There were 450 women from all over the world including Sweden, Switzerland and Australia. I was told that over 10,000 applied for the lottery and some had been waiting 2-3 years for acceptance. I will be recapping some of the highlights in future posts and hope to share some insights I gained through interaction with all these Christian women who are seeking to develop a relationship with the Savior.  

5 comments:

Desertbound said...

Drive Safely.

CowboyBob said...

I'm very proud of my wife. Love the light in her eyes.

Desertbound said...

Did you get to go rappelling? It looks like a beautiful ranch - yummy food, great views, etc. Can't wait to hear more :)

Muad'Dib said...

Sweet. Fun trip all alone, huh!
Love that Ben Lomond pic.

Sayyadina said...

It sounds so marvelous. I look forward to more of that Christ centered Life Coaching as you share what you learned.
Glad you're back. And glad you had such a blast!