Thursday, May 17, 2007

Orchid Story




Here are some photos of my "surprise" orchids. For those who have not heard the story. I bought a plant at Super Savers for $1.50. It had a nice piece of ivy and a broad leafed plant. it also had two dry looking sticks, that I didn't pay too much attention to. I watered it for about 2 weeks in a little corner of my cubicle at work. Then, I happened to see a little tag stuck in the dirt that described the type of orchid and the care they needed. I thought, they won't get that here. On a whim, I sprayed the sticks with my Field organizer spray (Rose and Orange Blossom hydrosols). That was on a Friday. By Monday, when I came back to work, there were about 13 fuschia colored buds. After about 10 days, they looked ready to blossom, so I brought the plant home to enjoy them here. They have begun blooming. I still haven't figured out how to take close ups with my camera as it doesn't have instructions.

2 comments:

WildBound said...

If your camera has a micro/macro setting, that's what you'll want to adjust for close-ups. On mine, the symbol looks like a little flower.

Bethany said...

You have always had a green thumb. I remember going up into the hills in Morgan to gather herbs with you.
Talk about "blooming where planted".